Health Care for All- Minnesota is dedicated to establishing comprehensive single-payer health care for all Minnesotans through advocacy, education, lobbying, and community organizing.
We believe that health care is an essential human need and that unequal access to health care is an injustice. A single-payer system is the only system that can provide comprehensive, affordable, high quality health care for each and every person.
We envision a comprehensive high quality health care system which:
- Provides universal and equal health care coverage.
- Uses the single-payer financing mechanism to control costs and reduce administrative waste.
- Provides permanent health care coverage regardless of health, financial or employment status.
- Covers all medically necessary care including prescription medication, mental health care and dental care.
- Restores to doctors and patients the ultimate authority over decisions about medical care.
- Ensures patients the freedom to choose among doctors, hospitals and other providers.
- Removes the power of private corporations to make health policy and gives this power to the community.
- Is progressively funded
HCAMn, a coalition of member organizations, is an independent, nonpartisan, 501(c)4 non-profit in Minnesota. HCAMn does not endorse candidates or work on political campaigns.
Flo Golod- Chair
Flo Golod & Associates
Alan Ingram, JD, LICSW, Treasurer
National Association of Social Workers-MN
Don Pylkkanen, Secretary
Steve Katz, MSSA, MAPL,
Minnesota Association of Professional Employees
Susan Hasti, MD
Hennepin County Medical Center - Family Medicine Residency Program Faculty
The Arc Greater Twin Cities
Ginger Thrasher, BWS
AFSCME, MN Council 65, AFL-CIO
Ann Settgast, MD
Internal Medicine, HealthPartners
Coral Bastien, RN
Government Affairs Commitee, Minnesota Nurses Association
Erin Anderson, MAPL, Executive Director
Fundraising - Flo Golod
Legislative - Charles Sawyer, D.C.